Art & Hobby Studio welcomes you starting December 7, 2020, to our BEGINNERS PAINTING COURSE FOR ADULTS .
Group 1: 15:00 – 16:30
Group 2: 17:00-18:30
Group 3: 19:00-20:30
Duration: 12 SESSIONS
Structure: 3 MODULES of 4 sessions each (every Monday)
WATERCOLOR – Structured in four sessions (one each week), we will practice the main techniques of watercolor painting.
In the first session, we learn notions of color theory, about the 7 chromatic contrasts in painting, then we will apply these notions through the “wet on wet” technique by painting a landscape after an illustration.
In the second session, we will paint a landscape or a portrait, applying the “wet on dry” and “dry on dry” technique.
In the third session, with the notions from the first two sessions and starting from an illustration we will experiment with accentuating the details or certain points with the help of ink, drawing, watercolor, and the spectacular effect of salt in watercolor.
In the last session, we finish the works started in the previous sessions or we experiment with the combination of techniques with watercolor painting.
Acrylic paints, compared to oil, are soluble in water, can be applied directly on the canvas, have a much shorter drying time, and a much longer lifespan. Being something between watercolor and oil paint, you will learn different techniques on how to manipulate it to obtain the luminous effect of watercolor, the realistic effect of oil, or a combination of the two.
Structured in four sessions we will learn about the basics of color theory, how to combine colors, measuring the proportions with the brush, and how to stage the painting starting with the sketch, continuing with the coloring using the brush or knife:
- In the first session, we learn the basics of painting, how to measure, then we start to sketch a landscape. After finishing the sketch we start painting two layers of color respecting the notions of color theory.
- In the second session, we finish painting the landscape by adding colors in stages and draw the final touches.
- In sessions 3 and 4 applying the notions practiced in the first two sessions we will paint a still life deepening the study of proportions more intensely.
OIL – This module introduces us to the Flemish technique of oil painting – a mixed technique that marks the beginning of the Renaissance in the Netherlands – a technique later took over by Italian Renaissance painters. We will have the theme of still life, the support will be wood and we will work first in tempera with egg emulsion, and then in oil colors.
During the 12 sessions, the participants will have the opportunity to work using materials such as graphite, coal, chalk pastel.
All materials necessary for the course are provided by the organizer.
The course is addressed to both beginners and people who want to improve their skills.
Price for one module: 280 lei.
- For each additional person enrolled, you will benefit from a 5% discount. *
- Persons who pay for 3 MODULES in the first session, will benefit from a discount of 200lei.
* Discounts are not cumulative.
Minimum age: 14 years.
Address: Art & Hobby Studio, strada Occidentului, nr 33, sector 1, București